Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nursing Cover Clips

I made these Nursing Cover Clips as gifts for a group baby shower that I went to. I was surprised at how big of a hit they were. They are super easy to make, I even made one for myself. :o)

You will need the following:

1 - 3/4 inch vest buckle
2 - 1 inch suspender/mitten clips
1 - 30 inch long piece of 7/8 inch ribbon of your choice (I used 100% Polyester, ribbed ribbon)
1 - 1 inch pieces of 1/2 inch thick Velcro

Step 1 - Cut about 30 inches of ribbon
Step 2 - Loop the ribbon (right side out) through the center of the vest buckle and sew in place. I used a zig zag stitch on my machine.
Step 3 - Thread ribbon through one of the suspender/mitten clips. (Thread material right side out from back to front of the clip)
Step 4 - Thread ribbon back through the vest buckle.

Step 5 - Pin Velcro pieces about 6 - 7 inches apart on the back side of the ribbon.
Step 6 - Sew around edges of Velcro pieces and then at least one stitch cross ways across the Velcro (I used a zig zag stitch)

Step 7 - Thread ribbon through the second suspender/mitten clip (ribbon right side up, thread from front to back of clip) and connect Velcro pieces together.

Step 8 - Secure second suspender/mitten clip by stitching it in place.

Step 9 - Pat yourself on the back, you are done!

You can use the Nursing Cover Clips for the following and more:

  • Turn any blanket into a nursing cover.
  • Turn any napkin or burp cloth into a bib.
  • Tether blankets, toys, etc. to the stroller or car seat.

1 comment: