Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baby Sling

For those of you who know me well, you know that I have the best intentions when it comes to sewing projects but am not a seamstress. I have made a few things and have actually been very pround of myself when I was done, probably because of the struggle I had in making it. LOL

Well, when Dave and I moved to San Jose with his parents we also moved into the church ward he grew up in. It so happened that the Relief Society was getting ready to hold a Super Saturday activity. During the activity they hold a bunch of classes and you can pick and choose the one or ones you would like to attend. Well, with the number of ladies in the ward having babies they had a nursing cover class already planned and wanted to hold a baby sling class as well but couldn't find anyone to teach the class. When the organizer of the activity talked to my mother in law she was excited to hear that I had made a sling before and was anxious to ask if I would be willing to teach the class.

I said "sure" then set about scrambling to try and figure out how I was supposed to teach this class since the sling I had made before was just something I tried to do on my own and didn't have a pattern for.

In the ward that Dave and I had just moved from in Gilroy they held a Fabulous Friday (Same idea as the Super Saturday) and had both the nursing cover and baby sling class. So I called the insructor of the baby sling class and got all of the information she used.

She used the Maya Sling tutorial that you can view and print from online. It was super easy to do, unless you like to make things hard like I do. Let's just say I spent many an hour picking out a seam I had put in because I didn't think it was straight enough. I also decided to use two pieces of fabric because I couldn't find any double sided fabric. :o) In the end, I love the way it turned out. Oh, and I also order the rings from this sling rings website.



1 comment: